Modern Warfare 2: How to Add a Friend and Invite Them to the Game
Those seeking to play with friends – new or old – on Modern Warfare 2’s new beta for those that pre-ordered, can find out how with this handy guide.
Modern Warfare 2 is probably best remembered for the memories shared together with friends online – be it trash talking, scheming, or joking until the wee hours of the morning despite impending responsibility the next day.
New players to the beta may be a little unclear as to how to add a friend and invite them to the game. We’ve got a dandy, easy-to-follow guide for you so you can jump into the multiplayer action.
How to Add a Friend and Invite them to the Game in Modern Warfare 2
There are two sets of steps you’ll need to follow in order to first add friends, and then invite them into your game in Modern Warfare 2. Both are pretty straightforward.
- Head over to the ‘Social’ Hub.
- Select the “Friends” tab option, and then select the option to “Add Friends.”
- Enter the “Activision ID” of your friend.
- Select enter to send the ‘friend request’ to them.
- If you or your friend is having difficulty locating their Activision ID, you can find this easily by going to “Settings.”
- From Settings, select “Account and Network.”
- Select “Activision Account.”
- Here you will be able to see your game tag, hashtag, and a seven-digit unique code.
- If you’d like to add someone you recently played with online as a friend, you can head over to the “Recents” tab in the ‘Friends’ part of the Social Hub.
Now that you know how to add friends, you just need to invite them to a game.
To do this:
- Select the “Menu” and head over to the Social Hub.
- Select your party options.
- Select the option to “Invite Player.”
- Select the name of the friend(s) you’d like to invite to your game lobby.
And that’s it! You can now successfully invite and add friends to your lobby that you’ve recently played with or met online, or your real life pals.