This War of Mine: Where to Find Jewelry?
Though you might think that jewelry is not the most important thing to look for during wartime, in “This War of Mine”, it can be very useful. In fact, it can even lead you out of the city!
Jewelry is a rare item you can come across in “This War of Mine”. It’s mainly used to barter with traders for more useful items. But, in the game’s “Anniversary Edition”, it can also be used to get the new “Epilogue: Exodus” ending. Unfortunately, there are very few places where jewelry can be found.
Where to Find Jewelry in This War of Mine
In most scavenge locations, there is a random chance to find Jewelry, mostly in containers. But there are also a few places where Jewelry will always be found. And you can sometimes be rewarded with it for doing quests, mostly for your neighbors. Here are all the confirmed locations with Jewelry:
- Sniper Junction – Found under the bed after helping the wounded man
- Hotel – In the locked room
- Central Square Sewers – In the secret storeroom, behind the barricaded door under two rubble piles
- Port – Only obtainable during your first visit, found in the kitchen room
- Decrepit Squat – a reward for giving food to the homeless man
- Ruined Block of Flats – on the top floor
- The Samuel Institute – in the basement (guarded by two unarmed NPC, killing them will give you negative karma)
- Shelled School – one inside a room near the entrance and two more in the private box guarded by two homeless man
- Ruined Villa – room on the second floor
- Quiet House – held by an elderly woman, though she must be killed for the player to steal the Jewelry of her corpse
- Airport – one behind the rubble in the top left corner of the entrance building, two more on the top floor, guarded by two soldiers
- Construction Site – in the sniper scenario, one-piece can be found on the fourth floor in the locked cabinet
- Ghost House – found in the left room on the highest floor
In most cases, Jewelry can be exchanged with traders for other items. Most traders see it as an “interesting item”, which is more valuable than a “common item” but less sought after than the “exactly what I need” items.
But, if you’re playing the “Anniversary Edition”, once you’ve gathered 8 pieces of Jewelry, you can visit a smuggler called Karel, who can help you get out of the city.
After first talking with him, he will promise to visit your shelter in a few days. When he does, you can give him the jewelry in exchange for him smuggling you out of the war zone.
This will unlock the new achievement added in Anniversary Edition called “Epilogue: Exodus” and, more importantly, will end getting your characters to safety.
ALSO READ: This War of Mine: Where to Scavenge