Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines: How to Change Appearance
As a role-playing game, it’s no surprise you will want to customize your appearance in Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines.
In this guide we will tell you what your options are when it comes to modifying your appearance in Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines.
How to Change Appearance in Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines
Changing your appearance is sadly pretty limited in Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines. In fact, there’s no way for you to alter your character’s physical appearance after creation. Furthermore, your clothing options are limited to your character’s clan, with each one having a unique style. For example, female Malkavians only get sexy scantily-clad clothing choices. On the other hand, as another example, Tremere males only get suits and the like.
Despite that, let’s go over the different clothing options you have available and where to obtain them.
- Light Clothing: this is your starting clothing, not much to say. No armor rating or stat penalty.
- Heavy Clothing: purchasable from Fat Larry in Downtown. Armor rating of 1.
- Light Leather: purchasable from Slater at the Red Spot in Hollywood. Ask about “The Special”. Armor rating of 2, but has a -1 Dexterity stat penalty.
- Heavy Leather: buy from Tseng at the Herbal Remedies shop in Chinatown. Armor rating of 3 but has a -1 Dexterity stat penalty.
- Body Armor: this one is a bit trickier to get than others, as you have to complete the Trick or Treatment quest. Enter Clinic Room 1 in Santa Monica’s hospital and give your blood to Heather Poe. Do not tell her you are a vampire. You can meet Heather again later on in Downtown. Allow her to stay with you and tell her to keep going out when given the opportunity. She’ll give you the armor after a while. This has an armor rating of 4 but has a -2 Dexterity stat penalty. Visually, it looks the same as the Heavy Leather clothing.
So, there you have it. Again, you don’t really get many choices for appearance in this game, sadly. You are limited to your character’s clan and their choice of clothing styles. Keep this in mind when making characters.