Choosing a character in any game is tough but choosing a class in an MMORPG must be one of the hardest choices to make. Not only do you have to consider your leveling experience, but also how effective you’ll be in endgame content.
For the longest time, your class in SWTOR was tied to the initial story class you chose, but with the advent of patch 7.0 and Legacy of the Sith, you have a lot more freedom when it comes to choosing a class.
But which style to choose? Let’s take a look at them.
Which Class Is the Best in Star Wars: The Old Republic?
Classes in SWTOR are now divided in two combat styles: Tech-based or Forced-based.
Tech-based classes, like the Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent, Smuggler, and Commando, get to choose from 8 combat styles, each with their own skills, roles, and weapons.
Meanwhile, the Force-based origin stories get to choose from 4, depending on their alignment. However, the 4 dark side and 4 light side combat styles are largely mirrored, so don’t worry too much about that. Plus, you get to choose the opposite side later too.
Combat Styles and Weapons
With 7.0, your combat style will fully dictate the weapon and skills you use from level 1. That means that if you want to use Smuggler with a Blaster Rifle, or a Bounty Hunter with a Sniper Rifle, you can. Your story doesn’t dictate your gameplay choices anymore.
There are 9 weapons in the game, each tied to a specific combat style.
- Single Lightsabers – For Guardians and Juggernauts
- Dual Lightsabers – For Sentinels and Marauders
- Double-Bladed Lightsabers – For Shadows and Assassins
- Ceremonial Lightsabers – For Sages and Sorcerers
- Blaster Pistol – For Scoundrels and Powertechs
- Dual Blaster Pistols – For Gunslingers and Mercenaries
- Blaster Rifles – For Vanguards and Operatives
- Assault Cannons – For Commandos
- Sniper Rifles – For Snipers
The Holy Trinity (Tank, Healer, and DPS)
If you are mostly doing story content, you can choose pretty much any combat style you want. Your companions should be able to complement any choice you make by filling out missing roles. However, the role that you choose will be important for Endgame content.
There are 3 roles that classes are divided by: damage dealers (DPS), tanks, and healers.
If you want to be the one taking the punches and feel like an unbreakable wall, you want to go with a tank.
There are 2 Tech-based tanks: the Vanguard and Powertech, and 4 Force-based tanks: the Jedi Shadow, Sith Assassin, Jedi Guardian, and Sith Juggernaut. Jedi Shadow’s and Sith Assassins add stealth to the mix of their tools, while the rest are more about being close and personal or using shields.
If you want to be the lifeline of the party, literally, you’ll want to choose a healer. There are 2 Force-based healers: the Jedi Sage and the Sith Sorcerer, and 4 Tech-based healers: the Commando, Mercenary, Scoundrel, and Operative. For heals with mobility and stealth, choose the scoundrel or operative.
And finally, you have your face burners. The glass cannons. Every class can spec into damage, including the ones we mentioned before. DPS classes have their own quirks between range and melee, consistent damage vs burst, and DoT effects, but they are all ultimately about blowing up stuff.
Truth be told, there isn’t one best class in the game. It will ultimately fall to your preferences. So, whether you choose to blast stuff, slice it, or shoot it with lightning, you’ll be good.
ALSO READ: Wartales: All Profession Bonuses
Dark And Darker: Complete Cleric Guide
Want be the best Cleric? Read this guide!
I know that some people would think they are boring and only being kept at the back because they only heal and revive players, but in my own opinion support characters or “Clerics” are useful in combat because without them you won’t even survive in the first place, and when you’re in a pinch healing is definitely what you need. Healers are present in all cooperative video games that we play, whether they be online or offline games. So now we’ll discuss the builds and loadouts available to clerics in the Dark and Darker game.
Overview of the Cleric Class
One of the greatest classes in Dark And Darker, the cleric is practically a requirement if you want to take on the game’s most challenging content. It can heal, deal damage, and bestow buffs on your entire party.
- Offer healing and boosting.
- Given that you can use plate armor and carry blunt weapons, you’re not as weak as you may think.
- Frequently the first target in conflicts
- Best in team matches; less effective when used solo
Cleric Perks and Abilities
Here is a closer look at the advantages and skills of the Cleric:
- Advanced Healer – Increases your healing by 5 HP.
- Blunt Weapon Mastery – 5% more physical damage is added to you when you utilize a blunt object.
- Brewmaster – Your character won’t experience the side effects of alcohol consumption.
- Kindness – 15% of the health you restore to your character when you heal someone else.
- Perseverance – This bonus lowers all incoming damage of all types by 3 points.
- Protection From Evil – You suffer a 20% potency and duration reduction for all negative debuffs.
- Requiem – When you resurrect an ally, you’ll give them 25% health instead of the meager amount they usually get, and when you utilize the Altar of Sacrifice, you won’t have to expend any of your own health to make the sacrifice.
- Undead Slaying – When facing undead monsters, you increase your physical damage by 20% more.
- Holy Purification – This ability deals 100 magic damage over 7.5 meters to all undead creatures in its area of effect.
- Judgement – You must be within 4.5 meters of an enemy and keep your crosshair over them to cast this targeted spell, which does 30 magic damage and slows down their movement by 20% for five seconds.
- Smite – For the next 10 seconds, every enemy you face will be subject to +10 magic damage if you use this ability.
- Spell Memory 1/Spell Memory 2 – To access your cleric spells, you must select at least one of these classes; late-game clerics may want to take both to have access to more spells.
Starter Cleric Perks And Abilities
You can only choose one perk when you are level 0. As this is a straightforward perk that enhances your healing capacity, we advise you to pick Advanced Healer.
We would choose Judgement as it is excellent for clearing mobs and dealing targeted damage to adversaries over Spell Memory, which gives you access to your spells.
Is a Solo Cleric Useful?
The brand-new solo Goblin Cave mode was included in the game’s playtest in February 2023. Players are able to single queue and only face off against other solitary players because of this. You might wish to play it as the Cleric since it offers a lot of XP.
Bring a Mace and a respectable Buckler if you’re going on a solo run as a cleric. You can also purchase ale from the tavern keeper in the market and select the Brewmaster perk to greatly increase your damage and strength. The Cleric can definitely function as a solo-friendly class.
Tier 1: One Cost Spells
- Protection – This shield spell, which can be used on either you or an ally, will block 20 physical attacks for 20 seconds.
- Bless – A spell that, for 30 seconds, gives its recipient +3 Strength, Agility, and Will. If you’re alone, you’ll cast this spell on yourself.
Tier 2: Two Cost Spells
- Divine Strike – Targeted spell that for 20 seconds enhances the target’s overall weapon damage by +10
- Cleanse – This spell’s intended target will be cured of all ailments and debuffs.
Tier 3: Three Cost Spells
- Bind – This suspends the target for 0.75 seconds.
Tier 4: Four Cost Spells
- Lesser Heal – This is your main healing spell, which targets oneself if there are no allies present and restores 15 health to the target.
Tier 5: Five Cost Spells
- Holy Light – This spell has two different targets: allies and undead. It heals allies for 30 health and deals 100 damage to undead.
Tier 8: Eight Cost Spells
- Resurrection – As long as their Soul Heart is there, this spell will bring an ally back from the dead.
Starter Spell Set For Cleric
You will have 12 Knowledge points available to you as a level 0 cleric. You must therefore choose spells with a total point value of 12 points. It may resemble this in certain ways.
For a level 0 cleric with only 12 Knowledge, this is a respectable setup. You might also choose the Lesser Heal spell at a cost of 4, or the Resurrection spell at a cost of 8.
Additionally, you should put more spells on your Spell Priority bar because the items you collect could provide you access to additional knowledge while running.
The Best Equipment for The Cleric
In Dark And Darker, there is a ton of various gear to choose from, and what you choose will mostly rely on your playstyle. Here are some general pointers on the finest clothing for clerics, though.
- Knowledge Gear – Being able to cast more spells during a run makes anything with Knowledge generally pretty handy. You can position yourself nicely for a High-Roller or Red run in the future by successfully extracting with some high knowledge gear.
- Stats are really important – Therefore, gear with pluses for all attributes is something to search for. This also implies that you should simply choose the clothing or weapons that have the best stat for your character, whether it be heavy or light armor.
- Because it casts spells more quickly and is lighter than the Staff, we strongly prefer the Spell Book for Cleric. In both PvE and PvP, speed is essential for avoiding opponents, so try to wear lesser armor if you can.
- In addition to your spellbook, you can pick up a small Buckler shield and a mace to aid in killing monsters and provide you with some limited protection against approaching hostile players.
Some Tips for Using a Cleric Class
Here are a few common pointers to help you play better as a cleric.
- You may be a support character, but don’t underrate your destructive potential. Your damage increases from blunt weapons combine well with your bonuses against undead (specifically Maces, Flanged Mace, etc). Participate and support your team.
- Grab your teammates from the floor or outside the ring instead of looking for a revive altar with resurrection, a fantastic skill that is sometimes underestimated.
- The goal of your game is to stand back, give heals and buffs, and only engage in PvP hand-to-hand combat when absolutely required, especially if you’re playing in a party. You will become the main target for the opposing teams, so be mindful of your positioning.
- Focus your buffs on the fighters and barbarians on your frontline team.
- For the cleric, voice communication is crucial, especially if you can notify your squad that you have just given them buffs and how many more healings you have left to provide.
- Before settling, try out several builds, weapons, and armor. There are numerous factors in Dark And Darker. For instance, a Brewmaster Cleric who is continuously intoxicated can cause a ton of damage.
ALSO READ: Dark And Darker: Complete Fighter Guide