Hollow Knight’s gameplay is based on exploration, discovery, and battles. The game takes place in Hallownest, a vast underground realm full of enemy bugs. Many of these opponents are significantly more powerful than your Knight at the start of the quest.
Still, in true Metroidvania form, upgrades are hidden and scattered across the landscape, which will give the player an advantage in battles. Some of these enhancements will even improve the Knight’s primary weapon, the Nail.
How to Get Pure Nail in Three Bosses in Hollow Knight
Just as a blacksmith upgrades swords in other games, Hollow Knight’s nails are upgraded by the Nailsmith. To fully upgrade your Nail into the Pure Nail, you need to level it up first to Sharpened Nail, and then Coiled Nail.
Afterward, you need to defeat three bosses to obtain the required materials. This article will teach you how to upgrade your Nail into Pure Nail, which bosses to defeat, and where to find them.
Defeating the Three Bosses
The final forging process that will perfect your weapon into the Pure Nail will require a whopping three Pale Ores and 4,000 Geo. Make sure you have already accumulated enough Geo to complete this process.
You can find these ores by defeating the following bosses:
First Ore: located in Deepnest and requires you to defeat one of Hollow Knight’s creepiest bosses, Nosk. You can find Nosk left of the hot spring behind a breakable wall.
Second Ore: head to Kingdom’s Edge and upwards to the Colosseum of Fools, complete the Trial of the Conqueror.
Third Ore: gifted by the Grubfather, an NPC found in the Forgotten Crossroads. It requires you to rescue 31 of his Grub children from the glass containers located throughout Hallownest. To make things easier, head to the Tower of Love and defeat the Collector; completing it will mark the Grub children’s locations on your map.
Once you’ve gathered all three Pale Ores, return to the Nailsmith and he’ll offer you the Pure Nail. The Nailsmith spent his entire life forging the weapon, and now that it’s finished, his final wish is to be slain by the Pure Nail.
Whether you choose to fulfill this heartbreaking request or not, you will be able to continue your journey in Hollow Knight with the strongest weapon available.
ALSO READ: Hollow Knight: How to Get to the Abyss
How to Mod Sound Effects in Reflex Arena
Modding sound effects in Reflex Arena!
Reflex Arena is a fast-paced, action-packed first-person shooter game that has become a popular choice for gamers looking for a new challenge. One of the best things about this game is its high level of customization, which allows players to tailor their gaming experience to their preferences. This includes modding the sound effects, which can be a great way to enhance the overall gaming experience.
Preparing for Modding Sound Effects
Before you start modding the sound effects in Reflex Arena, it’s important to make sure you have the right tools for the job. First and foremost, you’ll need the game itself. You can download Reflex Arena from the official website or through a digital marketplace like Steam.
Next, you’ll need a sound editor program. There are many sound editors available online, both free and paid, but some of the most popular options include Audacity, FL Studio, and Ableton Live. Make sure to choose a sound editor that is compatible with your operating system and has the features you need to mod the sound effects in Reflex Arena.
Modding Sound Effects in Reflex Arena
Once you have the necessary tools, you’re ready to start modding the sound effects in Reflex Arena. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
- Open your sound editor program and import the sound effects you want to mod. This can typically be done by clicking on “File” and then “Import.”
- Once the sound effects are imported, you can start to modify them. This can involve adjusting the volume, changing the pitch, adding effects like reverb or echo, and more.
- When you’re happy with the modifications you’ve made, export the sound effects as individual files. Make sure to save them in a format that is compatible with Reflex Arena, such as .ogg or .wav.
- Next, navigate to the folder where Reflex Arena is installed on your computer. This is typically in the “Program Files” folder, and you’ll need to look for the “Reflex Arena” folder.
- Locate the “Sounds” folder within the “Reflex Arena” folder and replace the original sound effects with the modified ones you exported in step 3.
- Launch Reflex Arena and test the new sound effects to make sure they work as intended. If everything is working properly, you’re all set!
Tips and Tricks for Modding Sound Effects
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you get the most out of modding the sound effects in Reflex Arena:
- Experiment with different sound effects to find the ones that work best for you. There’s no right or wrong way to do this, so don’t be afraid to try something new.
- Pay attention to the volume of the sound effects. You don’t want them to be too loud or too soft, so make sure to adjust the volume until it’s just right.
- Don’t be afraid to use multiple sound effects at once. For example, you could add a reverb effect to the sound of your weapon firing and also add an echo effect to the sound of footsteps.
- Remember to save a backup of the original sound effects in case you want to revert back to them later.
Modifying the sound effects in Reflex Arena can be a fun and rewarding experience. With the right tools and a little bit of creativity, you can enhance your gaming experience and create a truly unique experience that is all your own. So what are you waiting for? Start modding those sound effects today!