Dune Spice Wars: Top Strategy Tips to Get You Started
Dune: Spice Wars is finally available to players who have been eagerly waiting for the game to be released. Here are some top strategy tips to help you get started.
If you’re a fan of real-time strategy games, you’ll know how difficult it is to begin without prior knowledge of the game. Dune: Spice Wars is no exception. Even if you have a tutorial that walks you through the basics, there are still certain mechanics that you’ll have to figure out for yourself. But it wouldn’t hurt to get a gist of some important tips, right?
Top Strategy Tips To Get You Started In Dune Spice Wars
While it’s true that experience is the best teacher and you will likely learn more from the actual gameplay, it’s still better to know what you’re getting yourself into. Arrakis is a desert planet filled with danger, just as much as opportunities are present.
Below is a compiled list of things you can do to make your rule in Arrakis easier and faster to achieve.
Before you officially start your journey in Arrakis, here are some general tips that will help you progress at the start of your game:
- Use Ornithopters to Scout: An ornithopter is an air unit meant for surveying, troop support, and harvester operations. Use it to survey the land.
- Capture Valuable Provinces: Claim new villages with the most valuable resources as the cost increases after every claim.
- Prioritize Spice, then Plascrete and Water: Thes resources are the most important in the game; be sure to obtain many of them first.
- Trade With Other Factions: You will eventually run out of resources at some point; therefore, it’s best to utilize the ability to trade with other factions.
- Auto-recall on Harvesters: Harvesters have an auto-recall function that is very useful when you have multiple refineries.
- Build Airfields in Combat Zones: Airfields are the best way to reposition your forces quickly.
- Resources are a Huge Deal: Keep a close eye on your supplies for your survivability.
- Replenish Near Villages: To minimize supply loss, move your forces near the targeted village and replenish supplies.
- Actively Pillage: An excellent way to earn extra cash. (Except House Atreides)
- Track Fremen Raiding Parties: Fremen raiding parties will occasionally take villages out of your control. Track them so you can detect their movements.
ALSO READ: Dune Spice Wars: Resource Guide | Water, Spice, Plascrete, Man Power