Black Book has a lot of battle puzzles where you have to play your spells in very specific ways in order to win the fight.
They offer an interesting reprieve from the standard fights of the game and require a more careful approach to beating them. The Road to Yanidor is such a puzzle.
It might look intimidating, but as with all battle puzzles the trick is to mix your cards right. Let’s dive in.
Guide to the Road of Yanidor in Black Book
As you are trying to help Proshka learn about his past, you’ll have to beat this battle puzzle by fighting against a demon.
While it might seem impossible at first, since the demon is gearing up to do 999 damage, the trick is playing your cards right.
In the 1st turn, you want to choose your two highest black damage pages (Kila), which should do a total of 10 damage, and then Lazarus to add one rebirth. The demon should go down to 15 health and you should be still alive.
In the 2nd turn, you want to go all out with damage. Choosing two Kila and one Koldun Fiend spell should get you the 15 you need to send him back to whatever netherworld he crawled from.
And that’s it. Simpler than you thought right? For your efforts, you’ll be allowed to choose one of three pages.
ALSO READ: Black Book: How to Solve Dog Creek Task?
Dark And Darker: Complete Rogue Guide
Want to get better at using Rogue? read this guide!
Being stealthy against an enemy is not an easy task because you need patience and virtue in such length where you need to wait for an enemy to approach and make sure you’re not seen, sneak behind them past them and kill them. Of course, not all the time you can use your sneaky skills by escaping and trying to make sure not to be seen by the enemy. Today we’re going to discuss about one of the character classes in the Dark and Darker game called the “Rogue.”
Rogue Class Overview
The cunning class in Dark And Darker is the rogue. With a dagger in hand and being confined to the shadows, you’re less likely to engage an adversary in direct combat than you are to prowl the shadows and wait for an ambush.
Though that is up for debate, it’s a ton of fun and our choice for one of the greatest solo classes in the game.
The rogue class is swift and cunning and has the capacity to become completely invisible. The Rogue is for you if sneaking around in the shadows and slashing foes in the back sounds like fun. But be careful—if you’re discovered, you’ll suffer soon as a rogue.
- Extremely quick, the game’s fastest base class.
- Several different Damage Over Time debuffs that can be applied to adversaries.
- can become entirely undetectable
- Mosquito and dragonfly bites will kill you (and lots of other things)
- Least amount of health for any class
Rogue Solo Performance
Rogue can be a little challenging to play at first in Dark And Darker’s Goblin Cave solo queue. That’s as a result of the Goblins and other adversaries dealing enormous damage and taking a beating.
However, Rogue can excel in this situation if you use your advantages and focus on other single players. Fighters and their shields, wizard fireballs, and a barbarian axe to the head are all things to be aware of.
The Rogue’s advantages and skills are listed below:
- Ambush – After emerging from stealth, the first attack causes 50% more damage.
- Backstab – 30% more damage is dealt when an adversary is attacked in the back.
- Creep – Walking and crouching make your steps considerably quieter.
- Dagger Expert – Daggers deal an additional 5% physical damage.
- Hidden Pockets – On your tool belt, potions are invisible.
- Lockpick Expert – You can pick locks without having a lockpick.
- Poisoned Weapon – Your attacks inflict a poison debuff for 4s, this stacks up to 5 times
- Stealth – While hiding, you can move 10 steps crouching or walking and stay in stealth
- Trap Detection – Highlights traps nearby, allows you to disable traps
- Hide – Turns you completely invisible – ends when you move/completely another action
- Rupture – Your next attack causes bleed, deals 20 physical damage over the course of five seconds.
- Smoke Bomb – Creates a smoke diversion (big cloud of grey smoke) for 7 and a half seconds
- Weakpoint Attack – Your next attack deals 50% extra damage and reduces enemy defense for 50% for a short period
Starter Rogue Perks & Abilities
Poisoned Weapon is one of the greatest (if not the best) passive talents for the rogue and should be chosen for a beginner’s build.
When it comes to skills, we believe that Weakpoint Attack and Rupture are the most dependable and efficient at doing what Rogues do best: eliminating adversaries in the dark.
Although Hide and Smoke Bomb are sometimes useful, we still believe sheer damage to be the better option.
Max Level Rogue Build
You can choose from four perks once you’ve reached level 20 and began to consider the ideal build for the Rogue.
Here is an example of a possible Rogue build:
Rupture and Weakpoint Attack will continue to be the primary Rogue skills we use.
We’ve added Poisoned Weapon, Backstab, Trap Detection, and Creep to our list of perk abilities. This is why:
- Poisoned Weapon – This is unquestionably one of the best Rogue passives, as was previously said. Doing every attack constant, ticking poison damage? Do they stack? Perfect!
- Backstab – Excellent choice because if you hit your opponent in the back, you will consistently do damage. Thanks to the rogue’s quick movements, you can change positions throughout battles to hit the enemy’s back repeatedly.
- Trap Detection – Lockpick and Traps were evenly matched for this. In a group, you might wish to take Lockpick, but if you’re playing alone, Trap Detection is a great skill to have.
- Creep – In Dark And Darker, sound and footsteps rule. Creep makes you even more stealthy and, presumably, allows you to sneak up on an enemy.
Best Rogue Equipment to Watch Out For
Rogues have very few options for equipment because they can only use daggers, occasionally a rapier, and can only wear cloth or leather armor.
- Wearing a Gambeson or the Rogue set (also known as the Marauder costume) is an option.
- Rapiers come later; daggers are your first pick and what you begin with. Although slower, rapiers have a little bit superior range and damage.
- It’s a good idea to use gear with increased movement speed. This works well for your class.
- Also excellent is gear with +1 Attributes.
- In comparison to your starting White gear, any Green or Blue gear is a significant improvement.
Rogue Gameplay Tips
- Due to their cunning abilities to enter, loot, kill a few enemies, and then flee, rogues are considered one of the strongest single classes in the game.
- With the Rogue, you won’t be chopping off heads and swinging through foes. It’s quite challenging to PvP with this class against other players. Run is your best option.
- As a rogue, you have little sustain, therefore take HP pots or Bandages and keep the locations of Health Shrines in mind.
- Pick your battles carefully. In the dark, with backstabs, or with poison tick damage, play to your strengths.
ALSO READ: Dark And Darker: Complete Wizard Guide