Herta is one of the many playable characters in Honkai: Star Rail. She’s an ice-based character of the Erudition path who’s capable of dealing damage to multiple enemies all at once.
Aside from that, she can also buff herself to increase her damage, and her abilities deal more damage once your enemies’ HP drops below a certain percentage. This makes her a valuable asset to your team.
Luckily, Herta is actually one of the 8 playable characters that you can unlock in the game for free. Here’s how to do it.
Unlock Herta for Free in Honkai: Star Rail
To get Herta for free, all you have to do is clear World 2 of Simulated Universe. In case you’re wondering, Simulated Universe is actually Herta’s own creation.
In other words, to get her to join your team, you need to participate in her creation and complete World 2. There are a total of six worlds in this area, though you only need to clear the second one to get Herta.
If this is your first time entering the Simulated Universe, worry not as the game will explain the rules and mechanics of the labyrinth. Herta will also be the one to explain things to you as you go.
However, in the event that you skipped her dialog, here’s a refresher so you can go all the way to World 2 with ease:
- You won’t be able to heal with the help of food while inside the Simulated Universe.
- There will be certain events that can grant you buffs or even rewards. However, there are some that won’t give you any benefits.
- You will be able to pick from one of the three buffs that will appear each time you defeat an enemy. However, these buffs will only take effect while inside that World. For example, if you’re in World 1, the same buff will no longer exist in World 2.
- Whenever you clear a room, you can proceed to another via a door.
- Each room that you go through will have either an event or enemies waiting for you. Some might even contain both.
- If your team dies while inside a World, you will have to start from scratch.
As long as you manage to go through the rest of World 2, you’ll then be able to enlist Herta to your party.
ALSO READ: Honkai Star Rail: How to Get Free Characters
Cyberpunk 2077: Monk FF06B5 In Train Encounter | Update 2.1
Hmm, why does that one monk look familiar?
Cyberpunk 2077: Update 2.1 Porsche Easter Egg Coordinates
You might think these random characters mean nothing, but you would be wrong.
Cyberpunk 2077: Johnny Silverhand (Keanu Reeves) Sad Easter Egg | Update 2.1
What’s got bro looking so sad?
The Exit 8: Best Tips & Tricks to Beat the Game
Yeah, we're making it out the loop with this one.