Gloomhaven: How to Unlock Classes
Gloomhaven features a multitude of unlockable classes to get. This guide will tell you what to do to unlock them.
While Gloomhaven gives you 6 starting classes, the bulk of classes are unlockable ones. With 11 unlockable classes to get, there’s a lot to do. On top of that, unlock methods differ between both the Campaign and Guildmaster methods. We’ll go over every requirement for both of the modes.
How to Unlock Classes in Gloomhaven
Before we begin, it’s worth noting that the digital version of Gloomhaven has two modes. Campaign mode is the story mode and it follows the original board game. Guildmaster mode on the other hand, is a more open mode. The main distinction is that unlocks in one mode don’t carry over to the other. Unlocks in Campaign are done in the same way as in the tabletop, while Guildmaster works differently.
Unlocks in Campaign Mode
Campaign mode unlocks, again, work the same in both the board game and Gloomhaven digital. Classes are unlocked by completing Personal Quests. These are mostly random, but we’ll tell you which Personal Quests to look for. We’ll be using the Gloomhaven’s community spoiler-free nicknames for the classes. The following list has all unlockable classes and the Personal Quests that unlock them.
- Sun – 515: Law Bringer and 520: Implement of Light
- Three Spears – 511: Merchant Class and 512: Greed is Good
- Circles – 518: Eternal Wandered and 530: Augmented Abilities
- Eclipse – 522: The Thin Places and 529: The Fall of Man
- Cthulhu – 510: Seeker of Xorn and 533: The Perfect Poison
- Lightning Bolt – 516: Pounds of Flesh and 527: Zealot of the Blood God
- Music Note – 519: Battle Legend and 532: A Helping Hand
- Angry Face – 521: Take Back the Trees and 528: Goliath Toppler
- Saw – 514: A Study of Anatomy and 525: Piety in All Things
- Triangles – 523: Aberrant Slayer and 531: Elemental Samples
- Two-Mini – 517: Trophy Hunt and 524: Fearless Stand
The fastest way to unlock all classes is to keep completing your characters’ Personal Quests and retiring them. Keep getting new characters until you get the option to pick the Personal Quest for a class you want to unlock. It might take a while, so be patient.
ALSO READ: Gloomhaven: What is a Side Scenario