The advantage of using mage characters is their ability to deal impressive magic damage. Elden Ring offers a wide variety of powerful and useful spells that are effective against both monsters and other Tarnished. In this guide, we will teach you which sorceries are perfect for your slots when dealing with both boss and PvP.
Best Sorceries To Use for Bosses and PvP | Sorceries Build Guide in Elden Ring
The sorceries we listed down below are the best in terms of range, damage, chain-casting, and status-infliction. Among the many sorceries in the game, this set is the most suitable combination.
Comet Azur fires a monstrous comet that deals a crazy amount of damage to those it hits. It’s considered a chargeable, high-damage skill that can hit enemies from a distance, and is a great ability against bosses.
This skill gives a 35 percent magic damage buff to those within the sigil, lasting 30 seconds. Terra Magica is a useful skill that can greatly enhance even an already casted sorcery, as long as they are inside its range. You can also use this skill to poke boss fog walls. Plus, it stacks with other multipliers.
Ranni’s Dark Moon
Ranni’s Dark moon fires an exploding dark moon that builds Frostbite on enemies. It reduces all targets’ magic negation by 10 percent and further reduces another 20 percent if the first hit manages to trigger Frostbite. What’s impressive about this skill is that its damage negation lasts for one minute after hitting the target. You can’t simply ignore a debuff this massive!
Night Comet is a sorcery that deals semi-invisible magic damage. Since it can be chain-cast for as long as you have enough FP and stamina, this skill is spammable, making it the most efficient DPS sorcery. However, you must equip a Staff of Lossto boost the skill’s potency by 30 percent.
Carian Slicer is a sword sorcery that can be used as a melee weapon and is the single highest damage to FP ratio sorcery in the entire game. The skill can be cast at the end of a sprint to run, jump, roll, or do a backstep with a faster startup than a regular cast.
Adula’s Moonblade is a spell that allows you to perform a sweeping slash followed by a projectile cold blade. It inflicts Frostbite to hit targets and is arguably the best frost sorcery in Elden Ring. The skill is a perfect combination of range, effectiveness, damage, and speed.
Stars of Ruin
Stars of Ruin is a primeval sorcery that fires twelve dark shooting stars capable of pursuing enemies. Because of this, it’s incredibly useful against fast-moving foes. This skill is impossible to dodge and is spammable, making it one of the most obnoxious abilities PvP-wise.
Give the two slots to Shard Spiral and Carian Piercer–they are a perfect fit for their utility, range, and damage. The final slot is your wildcard, where you can put any sorcery you want, from Fia’s Mist to Loretta’s Greatbow to Glintstone Pebble.
ALSO READ: Elden Ring: BEST Faith Build Weapons
Dark And Darker: Complete Cleric Guide
Want be the best Cleric? Read this guide!
I know that some people would think they are boring and only being kept at the back because they only heal and revive players, but in my own opinion support characters or “Clerics” are useful in combat because without them you won’t even survive in the first place, and when you’re in a pinch healing is definitely what you need. Healers are present in all cooperative video games that we play, whether they be online or offline games. So now we’ll discuss the builds and loadouts available to clerics in the Dark and Darker game.
Overview of the Cleric Class
One of the greatest classes in Dark And Darker, the cleric is practically a requirement if you want to take on the game’s most challenging content. It can heal, deal damage, and bestow buffs on your entire party.
- Offer healing and boosting.
- Given that you can use plate armor and carry blunt weapons, you’re not as weak as you may think.
- Frequently the first target in conflicts
- Best in team matches; less effective when used solo
Cleric Perks and Abilities
Here is a closer look at the advantages and skills of the Cleric:
- Advanced Healer – Increases your healing by 5 HP.
- Blunt Weapon Mastery – 5% more physical damage is added to you when you utilize a blunt object.
- Brewmaster – Your character won’t experience the side effects of alcohol consumption.
- Kindness – 15% of the health you restore to your character when you heal someone else.
- Perseverance – This bonus lowers all incoming damage of all types by 3 points.
- Protection From Evil – You suffer a 20% potency and duration reduction for all negative debuffs.
- Requiem – When you resurrect an ally, you’ll give them 25% health instead of the meager amount they usually get, and when you utilize the Altar of Sacrifice, you won’t have to expend any of your own health to make the sacrifice.
- Undead Slaying – When facing undead monsters, you increase your physical damage by 20% more.
- Holy Purification – This ability deals 100 magic damage over 7.5 meters to all undead creatures in its area of effect.
- Judgement – You must be within 4.5 meters of an enemy and keep your crosshair over them to cast this targeted spell, which does 30 magic damage and slows down their movement by 20% for five seconds.
- Smite – For the next 10 seconds, every enemy you face will be subject to +10 magic damage if you use this ability.
- Spell Memory 1/Spell Memory 2 – To access your cleric spells, you must select at least one of these classes; late-game clerics may want to take both to have access to more spells.
Starter Cleric Perks And Abilities
You can only choose one perk when you are level 0. As this is a straightforward perk that enhances your healing capacity, we advise you to pick Advanced Healer.
We would choose Judgement as it is excellent for clearing mobs and dealing targeted damage to adversaries over Spell Memory, which gives you access to your spells.
Is a Solo Cleric Useful?
The brand-new solo Goblin Cave mode was included in the game’s playtest in February 2023. Players are able to single queue and only face off against other solitary players because of this. You might wish to play it as the Cleric since it offers a lot of XP.
Bring a Mace and a respectable Buckler if you’re going on a solo run as a cleric. You can also purchase ale from the tavern keeper in the market and select the Brewmaster perk to greatly increase your damage and strength. The Cleric can definitely function as a solo-friendly class.
Tier 1: One Cost Spells
- Protection – This shield spell, which can be used on either you or an ally, will block 20 physical attacks for 20 seconds.
- Bless – A spell that, for 30 seconds, gives its recipient +3 Strength, Agility, and Will. If you’re alone, you’ll cast this spell on yourself.
Tier 2: Two Cost Spells
- Divine Strike – Targeted spell that for 20 seconds enhances the target’s overall weapon damage by +10
- Cleanse – This spell’s intended target will be cured of all ailments and debuffs.
Tier 3: Three Cost Spells
- Bind – This suspends the target for 0.75 seconds.
Tier 4: Four Cost Spells
- Lesser Heal – This is your main healing spell, which targets oneself if there are no allies present and restores 15 health to the target.
Tier 5: Five Cost Spells
- Holy Light – This spell has two different targets: allies and undead. It heals allies for 30 health and deals 100 damage to undead.
Tier 8: Eight Cost Spells
- Resurrection – As long as their Soul Heart is there, this spell will bring an ally back from the dead.
Starter Spell Set For Cleric
You will have 12 Knowledge points available to you as a level 0 cleric. You must therefore choose spells with a total point value of 12 points. It may resemble this in certain ways.
For a level 0 cleric with only 12 Knowledge, this is a respectable setup. You might also choose the Lesser Heal spell at a cost of 4, or the Resurrection spell at a cost of 8.
Additionally, you should put more spells on your Spell Priority bar because the items you collect could provide you access to additional knowledge while running.
The Best Equipment for The Cleric
In Dark And Darker, there is a ton of various gear to choose from, and what you choose will mostly rely on your playstyle. Here are some general pointers on the finest clothing for clerics, though.
- Knowledge Gear – Being able to cast more spells during a run makes anything with Knowledge generally pretty handy. You can position yourself nicely for a High-Roller or Red run in the future by successfully extracting with some high knowledge gear.
- Stats are really important – Therefore, gear with pluses for all attributes is something to search for. This also implies that you should simply choose the clothing or weapons that have the best stat for your character, whether it be heavy or light armor.
- Because it casts spells more quickly and is lighter than the Staff, we strongly prefer the Spell Book for Cleric. In both PvE and PvP, speed is essential for avoiding opponents, so try to wear lesser armor if you can.
- In addition to your spellbook, you can pick up a small Buckler shield and a mace to aid in killing monsters and provide you with some limited protection against approaching hostile players.
Some Tips for Using a Cleric Class
Here are a few common pointers to help you play better as a cleric.
- You may be a support character, but don’t underrate your destructive potential. Your damage increases from blunt weapons combine well with your bonuses against undead (specifically Maces, Flanged Mace, etc). Participate and support your team.
- Grab your teammates from the floor or outside the ring instead of looking for a revive altar with resurrection, a fantastic skill that is sometimes underestimated.
- The goal of your game is to stand back, give heals and buffs, and only engage in PvP hand-to-hand combat when absolutely required, especially if you’re playing in a party. You will become the main target for the opposing teams, so be mindful of your positioning.
- Focus your buffs on the fighters and barbarians on your frontline team.
- For the cleric, voice communication is crucial, especially if you can notify your squad that you have just given them buffs and how many more healings you have left to provide.
- Before settling, try out several builds, weapons, and armor. There are numerous factors in Dark And Darker. For instance, a Brewmaster Cleric who is continuously intoxicated can cause a ton of damage.
ALSO READ: Dark And Darker: Complete Fighter Guide