The Blasphemous Blade is one of the strongest armaments in the game, not in base damage but in its Ash of War, the Taker’s Flames. When it connects, it can deal devastating damage to your target and can even stagger it. What’s more, it even heals you for 10% of your max HP + 150 flat HP per enemy hit.
Lastly, the weapon also heals you for 4% of your max HP whenever you kill an enemy, even if the kill was not due to this weapon. It’s for this reason that the Blasphemous Herald build is so strong.
Let’s have a look at what makes up the build.
How to Build a Blasphemous Herald in Elden Ring
As mentioned, this build revolves around the Blasphemous Blade which is a greatsword that deals both physical and fire damage and scales primarily off of Faith. However, you won’t be relying on the weapon’s Ash of War alone. Instead, you’ll be dual-wielding the weapon on the right with the Gargoyle’s Blackblade on the left.
The reason why we’re going for this weapon is because it also scales off of Faith as well as Strength, allowing you to benefit from both stats. Compared to Blasphemous Blade, however, this one deals physical and holy damage. As such, you can just freely swap between each weapon whenever you want to fight an enemy that’s resistant to holy, fire, or vice versa.
Making Yourself Tanky
The good part about this build is that you can still be tanky while dealing an insane amount of damage. In some cases, you might even shrug off enemy attacks and even trade hits in certain situations. As for the armor, you’ll want to use the Raptor’s Black Feathers for a damage increase to your jump attacks.
Meanwhile, use the Tree Sentinel gear for the rest for maximum protection without having to fat roll. You should also use the Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman to increase your overall physical damage negation values.
Which Talismans to Use
As for the talismans, the Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman mentioned earlier is necessary to help you tank and even trade hits. Then, you’ll want to equip the Claw Talisman to increase the damage of your jump attacks.
Keep in mind not to spam your ash of war. Instead, focus on jump attacks to deal massive damage and use the ash of war only when you have a window to pull it off. Then, you also want to use Radagon’s Soreseal for a +5 increase to your Strength, Vigor, Endurance, and Dexterity stats. This will increase the damage you take, though we can offset that with the Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman.
Lastly, you’ll want to equip the Great Jar’s Arsenal to increase your equip load, especially if you don’t have enough investment in Endurance. This will prevent you from fat rolling while allowing you to wear heavy armor.
How to Play the Build
The gameplay of this build is pretty simple. First, you’ll want to buff yourself with the Golden Vow for that extra damage and defense bonus. Then, you’ll also want to cast the Blessing of the Erdtree incantation to provide you with a heal over time over a long duration. This will provide you with an extra layer of survivability even if just a little.
During battles, you simply have to spam your jump attacks whenever you get an opportunity to do so. Meanwhile, if the boss you’re fighting is within a safe distance or is staggered, you can spam the Taker’s Flame ash of war to deal huge damage and heal you at the same time.
ALSO READ: The Serpent Rogue: How to tame Dobhar-chu?
Dark And Darker: Complete Cleric Guide
Want be the best Cleric? Read this guide!
I know that some people would think they are boring and only being kept at the back because they only heal and revive players, but in my own opinion support characters or “Clerics” are useful in combat because without them you won’t even survive in the first place, and when you’re in a pinch healing is definitely what you need. Healers are present in all cooperative video games that we play, whether they be online or offline games. So now we’ll discuss the builds and loadouts available to clerics in the Dark and Darker game.
Overview of the Cleric Class
One of the greatest classes in Dark And Darker, the cleric is practically a requirement if you want to take on the game’s most challenging content. It can heal, deal damage, and bestow buffs on your entire party.
- Offer healing and boosting.
- Given that you can use plate armor and carry blunt weapons, you’re not as weak as you may think.
- Frequently the first target in conflicts
- Best in team matches; less effective when used solo
Cleric Perks and Abilities
Here is a closer look at the advantages and skills of the Cleric:
- Advanced Healer – Increases your healing by 5 HP.
- Blunt Weapon Mastery – 5% more physical damage is added to you when you utilize a blunt object.
- Brewmaster – Your character won’t experience the side effects of alcohol consumption.
- Kindness – 15% of the health you restore to your character when you heal someone else.
- Perseverance – This bonus lowers all incoming damage of all types by 3 points.
- Protection From Evil – You suffer a 20% potency and duration reduction for all negative debuffs.
- Requiem – When you resurrect an ally, you’ll give them 25% health instead of the meager amount they usually get, and when you utilize the Altar of Sacrifice, you won’t have to expend any of your own health to make the sacrifice.
- Undead Slaying – When facing undead monsters, you increase your physical damage by 20% more.
- Holy Purification – This ability deals 100 magic damage over 7.5 meters to all undead creatures in its area of effect.
- Judgement – You must be within 4.5 meters of an enemy and keep your crosshair over them to cast this targeted spell, which does 30 magic damage and slows down their movement by 20% for five seconds.
- Smite – For the next 10 seconds, every enemy you face will be subject to +10 magic damage if you use this ability.
- Spell Memory 1/Spell Memory 2 – To access your cleric spells, you must select at least one of these classes; late-game clerics may want to take both to have access to more spells.
Starter Cleric Perks And Abilities
You can only choose one perk when you are level 0. As this is a straightforward perk that enhances your healing capacity, we advise you to pick Advanced Healer.
We would choose Judgement as it is excellent for clearing mobs and dealing targeted damage to adversaries over Spell Memory, which gives you access to your spells.
Is a Solo Cleric Useful?
The brand-new solo Goblin Cave mode was included in the game’s playtest in February 2023. Players are able to single queue and only face off against other solitary players because of this. You might wish to play it as the Cleric since it offers a lot of XP.
Bring a Mace and a respectable Buckler if you’re going on a solo run as a cleric. You can also purchase ale from the tavern keeper in the market and select the Brewmaster perk to greatly increase your damage and strength. The Cleric can definitely function as a solo-friendly class.
Tier 1: One Cost Spells
- Protection – This shield spell, which can be used on either you or an ally, will block 20 physical attacks for 20 seconds.
- Bless – A spell that, for 30 seconds, gives its recipient +3 Strength, Agility, and Will. If you’re alone, you’ll cast this spell on yourself.
Tier 2: Two Cost Spells
- Divine Strike – Targeted spell that for 20 seconds enhances the target’s overall weapon damage by +10
- Cleanse – This spell’s intended target will be cured of all ailments and debuffs.
Tier 3: Three Cost Spells
- Bind – This suspends the target for 0.75 seconds.
Tier 4: Four Cost Spells
- Lesser Heal – This is your main healing spell, which targets oneself if there are no allies present and restores 15 health to the target.
Tier 5: Five Cost Spells
- Holy Light – This spell has two different targets: allies and undead. It heals allies for 30 health and deals 100 damage to undead.
Tier 8: Eight Cost Spells
- Resurrection – As long as their Soul Heart is there, this spell will bring an ally back from the dead.
Starter Spell Set For Cleric
You will have 12 Knowledge points available to you as a level 0 cleric. You must therefore choose spells with a total point value of 12 points. It may resemble this in certain ways.
For a level 0 cleric with only 12 Knowledge, this is a respectable setup. You might also choose the Lesser Heal spell at a cost of 4, or the Resurrection spell at a cost of 8.
Additionally, you should put more spells on your Spell Priority bar because the items you collect could provide you access to additional knowledge while running.
The Best Equipment for The Cleric
In Dark And Darker, there is a ton of various gear to choose from, and what you choose will mostly rely on your playstyle. Here are some general pointers on the finest clothing for clerics, though.
- Knowledge Gear – Being able to cast more spells during a run makes anything with Knowledge generally pretty handy. You can position yourself nicely for a High-Roller or Red run in the future by successfully extracting with some high knowledge gear.
- Stats are really important – Therefore, gear with pluses for all attributes is something to search for. This also implies that you should simply choose the clothing or weapons that have the best stat for your character, whether it be heavy or light armor.
- Because it casts spells more quickly and is lighter than the Staff, we strongly prefer the Spell Book for Cleric. In both PvE and PvP, speed is essential for avoiding opponents, so try to wear lesser armor if you can.
- In addition to your spellbook, you can pick up a small Buckler shield and a mace to aid in killing monsters and provide you with some limited protection against approaching hostile players.
Some Tips for Using a Cleric Class
Here are a few common pointers to help you play better as a cleric.
- You may be a support character, but don’t underrate your destructive potential. Your damage increases from blunt weapons combine well with your bonuses against undead (specifically Maces, Flanged Mace, etc). Participate and support your team.
- Grab your teammates from the floor or outside the ring instead of looking for a revive altar with resurrection, a fantastic skill that is sometimes underestimated.
- The goal of your game is to stand back, give heals and buffs, and only engage in PvP hand-to-hand combat when absolutely required, especially if you’re playing in a party. You will become the main target for the opposing teams, so be mindful of your positioning.
- Focus your buffs on the fighters and barbarians on your frontline team.
- For the cleric, voice communication is crucial, especially if you can notify your squad that you have just given them buffs and how many more healings you have left to provide.
- Before settling, try out several builds, weapons, and armor. There are numerous factors in Dark And Darker. For instance, a Brewmaster Cleric who is continuously intoxicated can cause a ton of damage.
ALSO READ: Dark And Darker: Complete Fighter Guide