Just like in the original XCOM: Enemy Unknown, you are going to need power to operate the facilities in your moving base. If you start building labs and workshops without paying attention to your power levels, you’ll soon run out of it.
But luckily for you, getting more power is actually very simple. All you have to do is build some
How to Increase Your Power in XCOM 2
There are 3 ways for you to increase the power of your Avenger. You can either build Power Relays and staff them with engineers, build them specifically in Exposed Power Coils, or scan some specific “Rumor from the Resistance” events.
Let’s take a deeper look at each:
Power Relays and Staffing
The main way to increase your power cap is to build more Power Relays. Each power relay that you build will provide +3 power. But that’s not all.
You can staff an Engineer (or Gremlin) here to get +5 power more. On top of that, you can upgrade power relays to provide even more power. The Elerium Conduit upgrade increases their power output by 6, and the Extra Conduit upgrade gives +2 more power and allows you to staff a second engineer, for an extra 5 power.
Your Avenger has rooms with Power Coils that work much as Steam Vents did in the first one. Meaning, if you build a Power Relay here it will provide you with more power than usual. Specifically, you will get +10 power for any relay you build here (+7 more than normal).
However, there is another bonus to Power Coils. If you build a facility other than a power relay here it will cost 0 power. For power-intensive facilities like the Shadow Chamber and the upgraded Psionics Lab, that can free up a lot of baggage from your power grid.
These rooms are usually located in the bottom two rows, so you won’t be able to make use of them right away.
Rumor from the Resistance events
If you are looking for more power, then you should keep an eye on the randomized “Rumor from the Resistance” scan events. There are two events that can add +3 power to the total pool of your avenger, which is the equivalent of an unstaffed power relay. These are the Clinic and Radio Beacon events.
How to Mod Sound Effects in Reflex Arena
Modding sound effects in Reflex Arena!
Reflex Arena is a fast-paced, action-packed first-person shooter game that has become a popular choice for gamers looking for a new challenge. One of the best things about this game is its high level of customization, which allows players to tailor their gaming experience to their preferences. This includes modding the sound effects, which can be a great way to enhance the overall gaming experience.
Preparing for Modding Sound Effects
Before you start modding the sound effects in Reflex Arena, it’s important to make sure you have the right tools for the job. First and foremost, you’ll need the game itself. You can download Reflex Arena from the official website or through a digital marketplace like Steam.
Next, you’ll need a sound editor program. There are many sound editors available online, both free and paid, but some of the most popular options include Audacity, FL Studio, and Ableton Live. Make sure to choose a sound editor that is compatible with your operating system and has the features you need to mod the sound effects in Reflex Arena.
Modding Sound Effects in Reflex Arena
Once you have the necessary tools, you’re ready to start modding the sound effects in Reflex Arena. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
- Open your sound editor program and import the sound effects you want to mod. This can typically be done by clicking on “File” and then “Import.”
- Once the sound effects are imported, you can start to modify them. This can involve adjusting the volume, changing the pitch, adding effects like reverb or echo, and more.
- When you’re happy with the modifications you’ve made, export the sound effects as individual files. Make sure to save them in a format that is compatible with Reflex Arena, such as .ogg or .wav.
- Next, navigate to the folder where Reflex Arena is installed on your computer. This is typically in the “Program Files” folder, and you’ll need to look for the “Reflex Arena” folder.
- Locate the “Sounds” folder within the “Reflex Arena” folder and replace the original sound effects with the modified ones you exported in step 3.
- Launch Reflex Arena and test the new sound effects to make sure they work as intended. If everything is working properly, you’re all set!
Tips and Tricks for Modding Sound Effects
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you get the most out of modding the sound effects in Reflex Arena:
- Experiment with different sound effects to find the ones that work best for you. There’s no right or wrong way to do this, so don’t be afraid to try something new.
- Pay attention to the volume of the sound effects. You don’t want them to be too loud or too soft, so make sure to adjust the volume until it’s just right.
- Don’t be afraid to use multiple sound effects at once. For example, you could add a reverb effect to the sound of your weapon firing and also add an echo effect to the sound of footsteps.
- Remember to save a backup of the original sound effects in case you want to revert back to them later.
Modifying the sound effects in Reflex Arena can be a fun and rewarding experience. With the right tools and a little bit of creativity, you can enhance your gaming experience and create a truly unique experience that is all your own. So what are you waiting for? Start modding those sound effects today!