Modern Warfare 2: How to Enable 120 FPS and 120hz Output
Many new players to the Modern Warfare 2 Beta are reporting technical issues with rates of 60 FPS despite having all the appropriate settings enabled. Here’s how to fix this for optimal frame rate and output.
For those playing the new Modern Warfare 2 release on a TV with a next-gen console (namely the PS5), you can play Modern Warfare 2 at 120 FPS/120hz. Here’s a quick guide on how to enable 120 FPS and 120hz output.
How to Enable 120 FPS and 120hz Output in Modern Warfare 2
As the first beta weekend for Modern Warfare 2 comes to a close, PlayStation users on a PS5 may be facing some technical issues when it comes to reaching a 120 FPS/120hz output rate. Users are reporting 60 FPS, despite making the adjustments required by enabling the appropriate settings.
Possible bugs aside, there are a couple of technical setting adjustments you can make to tinker the FPS/output.
- Head over to Settings. Select the option for “Screen and Video.”
- Select the “Screen Output” tab.
- Ensure that the “120hz Output” is set to “Automatic.”
- Ensure “HDR” is turned off.
- Exit “Screen and Video” settings.
- Head over to “Saved Data and Game/App Settings” and then to “Game Presets.”
- Ensure “Performance Mode” is turned on.
Double-checking all of these settings should ensure that you have optimal output for 120 FPS/120hz enabled. However, if you’re still facing technical issues you do have one more mode of adjusting the frame rate and output.
- Close Modern Warfare 2
- Head to the PS5 Settings, and select the option for “Saved Data and Game/App Settings.”
- Look for the option for “Saved Data (PS5).”
- Select “Console Storage.”
- Choose the option for “Delete.”
- Look until you find “Modern Warfare 2 Beta” and select the “Delete” option there.