The newest game of HoYoverse, the creators of Genshin Impact and Honkai Impact, is Zenless Zone Zero. It is an action game that has similar gameplay to both Genshin and Honkai that offers a rogue-like progression where you will move from stages. We will show you everything you need to know about the game.
Beginner’s Guide in Zenless Zone Zero
Here is everything you need to know about the game:
- The game Zenless Zone Zero will have a team of three members; defeat your enemies in a small area to traverse it.
- You will move across a board of TVs and each tile will have different events.
- As you progress you, will get buffs called Ethirium and gear coins that will allow you to acquire more buffs. Buffs are categorized as B, A, and S.
- Exploring new tiles will increase your pressure bar. When full, you get a random debuff called corruption, which will be either negative or positive.
- You will also have a one-time power-up called a Bangboo Plug-in.
- There are also mini-games on the TVs; completing them can sometimes let you skip the battle part.
- The characters in the game are called Agents, and there are currently 12 of them.
- There are 5 inputs, basic attack, dodge, heavy attack, ultimate, and a character switch button.
- Building up an agent’s meter will allow it to do an EX-heavy attack and use decibels for an ultimate.
- Each agent will have a moves list. But some moves are not included in the list.
- Agents can be leveled up. They can be promoted to increase the max level upon reaching level 10
- Each agent will start at 1 star and can be raised to 5. Raising an agent’s star will unlock extra talents.
- You will upgrade 4 individual skills with dodge, powering up the dash attack and countering attack.
- There are no cooldowns on attacks or switching.
- There are also switch combos where characters finish their attacks as you swap them.
- Staggering enemies will let you execute all of your team’s ultimate.
- There are also attack types and elements present in the game.
- There are 6 gear slots that boost a specific stat.
- Gears will also have set bonuses and substats. You will get them from an NPC and will give you a random roll on the gears.
- You can also dismantle the gears. You can get the item needed for rolling gears just by playing normal missions.
- There will be a maximum of 120 energy energies used in doing missions.
- Standard levels cost 30 energy and challenge stages cost 40 energy.
- Main story levels will cost 20 energy.
- You can get energy by using the premium currency called Film.
- There is also an in-game shop that sells star level ascension items. It costs 5,000 films to get a character from the base level to the max.